Advise Creating New Workflows

Roehlen, Peter PRoehlen at powercor.com.au
Sun Jan 14 20:04:29 EST 2001

Scot,

I'd recommend you do the tutorials that are in the R/3 library.

Only other advice I'd give you is to start small and work your way up.
Doing things in workflow is relatively easy when you know how, but can be a
painful process to learn.

If you are looking for an approach, I've attached an email on workflow
modelling that I sent to this group some time back.  I recommend this
approach as a logical way to build your workflows.

Whilst the attached email doesn't discuss it, I'd recommend you do follow a
"What", "When", "Who" approach.  First get down what you need to happen - ie
build your conditions, steps etc.  After testing this, start worrying about
when it should happen - ie add in deadline monitoring etc.  Finally, when
all this is working, now you can worry about who is supposed to do it - ie
build standard roles etc.

Cheers

Peter.