Triggering WF from ABAP

R Tannert tnn at ornl.gov
Wed Jan 10 09:00:19 EST 2001

Karsten,

We're still on 4.0B but maybe the same condition exists in 4.6C, namely
that you need to make the object reference persistent before you call
SWW_WI_START_SIMPLE.  If so, you can use macro swc_container_to_persistent
(in <CNTN01>) to accomplish this:

  swc_create_object object_ref 'BUSxxxx' objkey.
  swc_set_element container 'AccessRequestStep' object_ref.
  swc_container_to_persistent container.
  call function 'SWW_WI_START_SIMPLE' ....

OSS note 134527 deals with this topic in reference to generating an event
in an update task, but I've found that this fix applies equally well to
SWW_WI_START_SIMPLE, at least in 4.0B.  I hope this helps.

Rob