Archiving Vs. Deleting Workitems

Quenzer, Kenneth QuenzeKD at oge.com
Wed Feb 28 14:57:23 EST 2001

Hi,

>From my experience there are three good reasons to use the archive system
instead of the deletion programs:
1. Deleting the workitems via the archive system runs faster than the
deletion programs rswwwide and rswwhide.  This is very important to us
because we delete several hundred thousand workitems each week.
2. Using the archiving system insures that you are only deleting workitems
that have been completed or cancelled and that are not part of a
higher-level workflow that is still "in process".
3. The corresponding workitem history is deleted which is difficult to do
with the rswwhide program.

There are some OSS notes regarding workitem archiving and deleting which
should also be helpful.

Regards,
Kenny Quenzer