Attachments to Activities

SIMON ORCHARD ORCHARDS at gkn-whl.co.uk
Wed Feb 28 11:02:21 EST 2001

Carlos,

I have copied and pasted the all the text conversation below. I plan on giv=
ing it a go on Friday, I will tell all what happens no doubt!

Cheers,

Simon Orchard
Westland Helicopters Ltd.
+44 796 801 5657

Hi Simon,=20
It's a release thing - looks like the full solution is available in 4.6.
Firstly, check out OSS notes for SELFITEM - particularly for NOTE_APPEND and
NOTE_CREATE to make sure
you that the normal workitem attachments are working correctly. =20

For lower releases, check your container definition on any task to see what
type of Attachments element you have
- they do all have one.=20

********
If you are in 4.5, the attachments are called _ATTACH_OBJECTS relating to
object type SOFM.

You'll need to append the attachments to the office document created by
SELFITEM.SENDTASKDESCRIPTION.
This document is passed back as the "result" parameter of
SELFITEM.SENDTASKDESCRIPTION and is an=20
object instance of object type SOFM.

You can then use method SOFM.ATTACH (which is available from at least 30D)
to attach your attachment
(also a SOFM instance) to the original office document.=20

*******
If you are  in 3.1 or 4.0, the attachments element is called _NOTES relating
to WFSYST-NOTES.=20
If you look at structure SWLNOTEKEY, this is the structure to breakdown
WFSYST-NOTES values into
their components.  The field NOTE_OBJ contains the SOFM object reference.=

 ow you see why they've changed how it all works.=20

So you have the delightful task of extracting the SOFM object references
from the _NOTES container
element in question.  Function module SWL_WI_NOTES_DISPLAY contains similar
code so this may help you.=20

You'll need to append the attachments to the office document created by
SELFITEM.SENDTASKDESCRIPTION.
This document is passed back as the "result" parameter of
SELFITEM.SENDTASKDESCRIPTION and is an=20
object instance of object type SOFM.

You can then use method SOFM.ATTACH (which is available from at least 30D)
to attach your attachment
(also a SOFM instance) to the original office document.=20

Or you could always suggest upgrading to 4.6 (sic)!

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart=20
Consultant (BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)=20
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>=20
Tel: +61 412 390 267
Fax: +61 2 9935 4880