Workflow execution problem in version 4.6B

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Mon Feb 26 07:14:16 EST 2001

We have a workflow (task type WF) which has been in production for some time. In
our upgraded development system (from 3.1H to 4.6B) I am encountering a strange
error in the first step. The task (task type T) which the step is based on is a
decision task. A copy was made of the standard decision task in order to change
some texts, no other changes were made. It is a general task. This workflow has
worked fine in production a long time and is used each day.

A change has been requested which I have implemented in the upgrade system (did
it in the production line already - no problem). I have changed the order of two
of the decision texts and the description of the underlying task. No other
changes have been made. (Of course I have also moved the blocks following the
decision events in accordance with the changed decision text order.)

A work item has been created for which some other user is the selected agent.
Since this is a general task I can take over. So I enter via the work item
selection report (swi1) and select Extras, Execute for testing in the WI display
window. This is where the strange error occurs. Instead of showing me the
decision window the status is changed to "In process" and the information
message says "Cancellation by user".

The brain finally started working and I tried to change my personal workflow
settings. When I removed the check from "No HTML in decision tasks" the
behaviour was explained (somewhat). I now see the decision window, but my
decision texts are missing. The only possible choice is "Cancel and keep work
[...]".

Is it just me, or does someone else think this is strange. Although we are not
supposed to create new WF tasks I'd assume that maintaining the ones we have
should be supported and thus not be the cause of this problem. I have looked at
release notes for all 4.6 releases and searched for OSS Notes with no success.

Any suggestions?
--
KjetilK

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended
for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of the information
or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not the addressee, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message.
Thank you.