Attachments to Activities

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue Feb 20 16:44:51 EST 2001

Hi Simon,
If you expand the workflow step binding for your
SELFITEM.SENDTASKDESCRIPTION task fully
you'll find a container element _ATTACH_OBJECTS.  This container element
is actually common to all tasks and also exists at the workflow level.

All you have to do is to go to the step where the approver creates the
attachment,
include in the binding for that step passing of the _ATTACH_OBJECTS from the

task to the workflow.   As _ATTACH_OBJECTS is multiline and you might have
several
steps where an attachment might be created, use the option to append to the
table
rather than overwrite (both options are shown when you use the drop down to
select
the matching container element for binding).

Then in the step for your SELFITEM.SENDTASKDESCRIPTION task, include the
binding
of _ATTACH_OBJECTS from the workflow to the task.

And that's it.
Very easy and works well.
Regards
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Tel: +61 412 390 267