Workflow Question

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Feb 15 23:18:03 EST 2001

Hi Wayne,
Tomas is right - those tricks usually work.
However there are a couple of things you should know.

Firstly in 4.6 there's a fabulous new transaction call "Synchronize runtime
buffer" in the workflow administration area
that refreshes all those buffers at once.

Secondly, the "refresh org environment" only works for the user who is
currently logged on, i.e.
if FRED has the problem, you have to logon as FRED and refresh org
environment.   Normally the HR buffers
should all reset themselves at midnight anyway.

Thirdly, certainly in 4.6 (and possibly earlier - not an HR person, sorry)
there is a new technique called
HR structural authorisations.  If you have these turned on but set up
incorrectly, you get exactly the same
message about not being able to reserve work items.

You may not be in 4.6 yet, but you might want to keep this by for when you
upgrade.
Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Tel: +61 412 390 267