Event for transport proposal workflow

Brian Silvestro Brian_Silvestro at Jabil.com
Fri Dec 21 08:55:40 EST 2001

I am working on a similar project on 4.6B. Isn't it possible to trigger the
workflow via object CTREQUEST method CTRequest.Release?

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Jody Chassereau [mailto:drcakes at hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 10:07 PM
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: Event for transport proposal workflow

Kamaraj,

I am currently trying to adapt a workflow using transport proposals for our
handling of moves to production (4.6c), so I understand your question on no
events being triggered upon creation.  You should find the following:

- Function module CTW_WS_WI_START is hit when a proposal is created

- It calls SWW_WI_START with a task id populated by one of the following
variables: gc_template_process ('WS30000524') or gc_template_pt_roles
('WS71000008').

- The above starts the delivered workflows directly w/o raising an event.
You will find those templates are pretty much identical in process except
for how the agent assignment is handled.  The difference depends on how you
set up this up in the TMS w/f config for the responsibility.

I was surprised to find this "hard-coded" for the standard templates and
unfortunately ended up modifying the variable value to use my custom
template since we had different requirements needed for approval level
handling and we did not want the workflow to automatically start the import.

I had not talked to anyone who had seen this used to handle transports and I
am new to the proposals, so I would be interested in any feedback you may
have in incorporating TMS proposal w/f into your environment.  I am still in
a testing stage, but I think we are making some progress.

Hope this is of help...

Jody Chassereau
drcakes at hotmail.com