Workflow Question - Imaging

Robin Sahasranam Rsahasranam at worldbank.org
Wed Dec 19 17:00:35 EST 2001

We have a custom workflow using IXOS imaging for early archiving in 4.0b. We
also have a workflow step in which a FI transaction is  called and an Image
displayed in a separate desktop window. We have defined the following methods
and it works fine.

Methods before work item execution (modal call)
IMAGE     DISPLAY

Methods after work item execution (modal call)
IMAGE WINDOWCLOSE

We have no entry in the secondary methods (amodal call)

I hope this works for you too.

Robin Sahasranam
World Bank

                    "Carson, Wayne"
                    <Wayne.Carson at solvay        To:     Sap-Wug at Mitvma.Mit.Edu
                    .com>                       cc:
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Workflow Question - Imaging
                    Workflow
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    12/19/2001 04:22 PM
                    Please respond to
                    SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group

I am working on an AP Scanning project.  I found an Object Type - IMAGE that
has several methods associated with it.  Within a Workflow Template, I have
a certain step where I want to display an IMAGE (from content repository -
iXOS) and at the same time display an invoice (trans FB60 or MIRO).  I was
told that this can be accomplished by using a secondary method (amodal
call).  I am first trying to test the different methods available with
object type IMAGE to find one that will work for my business case.  Have any
of you used the IMAGE object type for a similar situation and if so, then
what method was used?  I tried DISPLAY and it didn't work.  In transaction
OAM1, I can display the stored image without any problem.

We are using iXOS with Early Archiving.  Based on the type of invoice, I
will either create a work item for transaction FB60 or MIRO, depending upon
whether or not a PO is associated with the invoice.

Thank you,

Wayne Carson