Agent Assignment in Task Definition - getting rid of general tasks!

Dale Davis dkdavis at us.ibm.com
Tue Dec 11 14:34:49 EST 2001

Hi Susan:

If you can't find a job that fits your requirement, you might  want to
assign the task to the organization. To protect against broadcasting th=
task to the org if the
role resolution fails, you can specify a default role in the task
definition. This is helpful if you don't want the administrative overhe=
ad
associated with setting the role to terminate which causes the workitem=
go into error status. In one of the cases where we specified the defaul=
role, we made that role the adminstrator responsible  for agent assignm=
ents
for that process. For SAP delivered standard tasks you cannot assign a
default role without making a repair. In those cases you can copy the S=
AP
standard task to one of your own then modify

Regards,
Dale Davis Jones
IBM / SAP Certified
Senior SAP Workflow & PP Consultant - SAP Practice

IBM Global Services
Phone: 919-543-7678
               T/L 8-441-7678
  Internet Address: DKDAVIS at US.IBM.COM

.......You can never discover new oceans unless you have the courage to=

lose sight of the shore..........

"Susan R. Keohan" <skeohan at MIT.EDU>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU> on 12/11/2001 01:36=
:38
PM

Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

Sent by:  SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>