Agent Assignment in Task Definition - getting rid of general tasks!

Martin Maguth mmaguth at us.ibm.com
Tue Dec 11 12:23:56 EST 2001

hi sue:

what release are you on ?

if i understand correctly, you want to use a role, i.e. AC00000138, as the
assignment of possible agents in the task maintenance. this is not possible
because AC roles are part of the dynamic agent determination. they only
apply to selected agents, not to possible agents, because theoretically, a
diffent agent can be selected every time the workflow uses the role, see my
presentation at the fall conference. the AG role the system lets you use is
the role from the user profile (transaction SU01) which includes
authorizations etc.

as discussed during the expert panel, a job assignment (pd object type C)
might be the best way to avoid potential performance issues ...

i hope this helps. please let me know, if you need more info.

martin

Martin Maguth
Consultant
IBM Global Services
Phone: (937) 225-6521, t/l 663
Email: mmaguth at us.ibm.com

"Susan R. Keohan" <skeohan at MIT.EDU>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU> on 12/11/2001 10:39:01
AM

Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

Sent by:  SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>