Deletion of Users with Work Items

Sherman S. Wright swright at lsil.com
Wed Dec 5 17:39:05 EST 2001

Hi Jody -

We handle this in two ways:  for changed ids we usually use SWI5 to forward
the work items from the old id to the new id.  Unfortunately, this can only
be done one-at-a-time, but it's better than nothing.  For users who have
terminated, we usually don't delete the ID, but lock it, after setting up a
substitute for the user.  We usually just reset the (leaving) user's
password, log on as that person, and set up a substitute until the
workflow(s) have been corrected (we use both some table definitions and org
structures, so this sometimes takes a while).  After that, we delete the ID.

If other people have other methods, I'd love to hear them...

Regards,
Sherman