WorkFlow issue for EDI Inbound Orders / WE20

ravi.gogineni.b@bayer.com ravi.gogineni.b at bayer.com
Wed Dec 5 16:10:24 EST 2001

One way of implementing Workflow notification of IDoc Errors is:

   Make all IDoc error tasks as 'General'.  Do not assign these tasks to
   Workflow positions.  That way, all Users would be able to execute workitems
   containing these tasks.
   Create two workflow positions (one for each customer as you have done).
   Assign specific users to each workflow position.
   Assign the specific workflow position to each Partner Profile.  This would
   ensure that only Users assigned to this workflow position will receive
   workitems.

This should work, good luck!

Ravi.

                    Steve Goldsmith
                    <Goldsmith.Steven at ba       To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    sco.com>                   cc:
                    Sent by: SAP               Subject:     WorkFlow issue for EDI Inbound Orders / WE20
                    Workflow
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    12/05/2001 03:35 PM
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

Hello Everyone,

I have setup two different Workflow Positions (each contains the same Tasks) for
EDI Order Input Errors.  I have assigned different users to each of these
Positions.  Then in WE20 I assign the appropriate WorkFlow Position based on the
customer.

What I would expect to happen is when an order goes into workflow the
appropriate person would be notified based on the Workflow Position assigned in
WE20.

What actually happens is all WorkFlow Positions that contains the Task are
notified.  This is not good....

Has anyone else experienced this problem or have a solution for it?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Steve Goldsmith
E-Commerce Project Leader