Object type DECISION not working

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Fri Aug 17 02:26:42 EDT 2001

If I understand correctly you have created a task (TS) and specified the object
type decision with method process for it. I've tried that myself, and it doesn't
work it seems.

If you want to create a user decision task (e.g. to modify the description) you
can copy the standard task that comes with SAP. It seems that the decision task
is quite special (as the separate page to specify parameters should have given
me an idea about), and that is why you can't easily create one. If the copy
doesn't work, try again.... (this is no joke, it is the advice I got from SAP).
In my case I think it was the third attempt that was successful.

I have no idea why it behaves like that (the copying), and most likely SAP
doesn't either. If they did they would (perhaps) have fixed it.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

|--------+--------------------------------------------->
|        |          "de Valensart Schoenmaeckers,      |
|        |          Patrick"                           |
|        |          <deValensartSchoenmaeckers.Patrick@|
|        |          pmintl.ch>                         |
|        |          Sent by: SAP Workflow              |
|        |          <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>     |
|        |                                             |
|        |                                             |
|        |          16.08.2001 17:51                   |
|        |          Please respond to "SAP Workflow    |
|        |          Users' Group"                      |
|        |                                             |
|--------+--------------------------------------------->
  |       To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU                                       |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)                                        |
  |       Subject:     Object type DECISION not working                        |

Hi workflower!

I have created a single step task "user decision" to be included in a
Multistep task, copied from TS00008267 in order to be able to change the
task description long text.
When an user who is selected agent try to execute the workitem, nothing
happens!
- I have set the task as "General task".
- Binding definition is consistent between Object method ("PROCESS") and
task and between task and workflow.
Has anyone encountered that problem before (in release 4.0B)? How can I
solve that?
Thanks for your answer.

Patrick de Valensart
Associate IS Analyst
NV Philip Morris Belgium SA

Statoil: The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is
addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this
message.
Thank you.