Document Imaging Setup

Brian Bennings bennings.bj at pg.com
Tue Aug 7 12:53:53 EDT 2001

Hello Jody,

Sorry about the delay, but you have a few options.  Unfortunately though, I do
not know a way to use that particular role to push the work item to a
dynamically determined user.

1. If this is really the exception to the norm, you can setup a different
archive doc type using the default tasks (TS30001117 and TS30001128) but leave
the recipient on OAWS blank.  This will route the work item to the scan operator
who can then manually forward the work item to the correct recipient.

2. If this is more common, you might want to setup a multi-step workflow
template.  You can create a step that just determines the recipient  by using
object WF_TASK and method ALLAGENTSOFTASKGETANDDISPATCH to prompt the user to
determine the recipients.

Brian

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:      cherry.ease.lsoft.com
 [209.119.0.109]

From: "Jody I. Chassereau" <JICHASS at westvaco.com>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU> on 07/23/2001
06:22 PM AST

                   "Jody I. Chassereau"           To:   SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
 <JICHASS at westvaco.com>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU>           Cc:    (bcc: Brian Bennings-BJ/PGI)
                                          Subject:      Re: Document Imaging Setup

                 Sent by:  SAP Workflow
         <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
                    07/23/2001 06:22 PM
 Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users'
        Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

Hi Brian..

Thank you for your post suggestion on using distribution lists.  I had not used
them before, but I can see how they might be useful in this type scenario to
avoid org structures or Z-tables for agent definition.  One follow-up: this
appears to provide for a setup where processor ABC would automatically receive
documents of type 123 (if defined that way thru the list linkage).  What if they
want to determine at scan time who would get a particular document?  Maybe it is
somebody completely different than the normal group who does this particular
type.  Is this possible to give this flexibility through the configuration or
the functionality of pushing out the work items?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks again...

Jody Chassereau
jichass at westvaco.com

>>> bennings.bj at pg.com 07/23/01 04:11PM >>>
Hi Jody,

We decided to use SAP Office Distribution lists (role 30000012).  We just copied
the default task TS30001117 and TS30001128 to new tasks, changed the default
roles for each and updated the binding so the workflow would route the work
items to a distribution list with the name identical to the archive document
type.

Distribution list maintenance is very simple (transaction so15).

From: "Jody I. Chassereau" <JICHASS at westvaco.com>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU> on 07/23/2001
02:52 PM AST

                                          Subject:      Document Imaging Setup

                 Sent by:  SAP Workflow
         <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
                    07/23/2001 02:52 PM
 Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users'
        Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

I am beginning work on a project dealing with document imaging.  We will be
working on configuring ArchiveLink to take scanned invoices and route them to
processors for SAP entry.  I have help on ArchiveLink, but the workflow falls on
me.

My question to anyone familiar with this deals mainly with transaction OAWS
(Presettings to document types with end user's Inboxes).  Let's say we have 5
different document types we are dealing with.  We want the flexibility to route
a scanned document to a specified person (at scan time) in a group of multiple
processors.  When you set up OAWS, you can specify a userid, position, job, etc.
I have not worked with org structures (we use custom tables for our other
workflows), but I thought that maybe this would make sense to define a small
structure here for defining the processor group.  If I used position linked to a
document type, then you could send it to multiple people, but that is not what
they want.  I can specify userid instead, but doesn't that mean the maintenance
of persons involved is now in the customizing?  I need the flexibility of
choosing userids at scan time AND be able to allow the user group to maintain
the list of processors (when people join or leave the group).

I was hoping that someone on this list may have worked with such a project and
could explain my options on the setup of the people involved.  Do I need org
structure in place?  Do I set up the basic structure and can a user maintain the
assignments of person to position?  It defeats the purpose if I have to maintain
the structure in production.  This seems like it should be easy, but I'm having
trouble understanding the proper way to do this.

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks...

Jody Chassereau
jichass at westvaco.com