Excluded Agents

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Aug 1 00:39:26 EDT 2001

Hi Abdulla,
If the business is ok with it, auto-approval is fine.  I have done this
before but only after explaining the impact
to the business and getting their agreement.    Need to make sure this is
well documented somewhere also in
case your auditors question the decision later.

If you calculate first and second approvers in prior steps (e.g. by adhoc
agent assignment or by calling a method
which calls function module RH_GET_ACTORS or similar) then to auto-approve
you simply use a condition step
to check whether the actual agent of the first approval step is in the agent
list for the second approval step, then
do your auto-approval if the condition is true.  Up to you to figure out
what' s needed for auto-approval, may just
be skipping the next approval step, or may need to set additional flags/run
additional methods - depends on your
workflow.

Regards,

Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (EBP, BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email  <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com> jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tel: +61 412 390 267