Workflow on 4.6C (customising the organisational management buffering timeframe)

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Mon Apr 23 03:40:47 EDT 2001

Does anyone know how I can change the "default" between non-buffered an=
buffered? Alan, you mention there is a customising flag, but I haven't =
found it.

I have encountered problems using the SAP_WAPI_COUNT_WORKITEMS function=

(module). Possibly they may be related to the buffering mentioned here.=
 What I
want to do is to check every user and send a message to those users who=
 have
workitems. This is part of our new integration solution between SAP and=
 Lotus
Notes.

When I loop through an internal table of users and call the function fo=
r each of
them the system dumps. The problem is related to shared memory, with th=
e first
message in the dump being "The EXPORT data cluster is too large for the=

application buffer." The dump happens whether I have commit work at the=
 end of
every loop or not. With only a fraction of the users in the development=
 system
compared to the production systems raising memory limits is not an opti=
on.

With 'a little help from my friends' I have found out some more. Furthe=
r down
the call stack a decision is made whether to export results to a databa=
se or to
shared memory. The decision in our development system is to export to s=
hared
memory. By digging further I have become quite certain that the entry i=
n T77S0
with key WFLOW, INBOX decides what happens. In the development system t=
his has
the value S, in the production system it has the value ' ' (space). I h=
ave
looked for a place to customize this, but I haven't found it. Tips & tr=
icks
anyone?
--
KjetilK

From:  "Rickayzen, Alan" <alan.rickayzen at sap.com>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU> on 22=
.04.2001
       07:44

Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

Sent by:  SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>