=?iso-8859-1?Q?Retrieving_a_multiline_object_attribute_from_the_MESSAG E_object?=

David Weston weston at clockwork.ca
Fri Apr 20 09:11:55 EDT 2001

Hi folks,

I am having a challenging time retrieving a multiline object attribute from
the MESSAGE business object. The attribute I am trying to retrieve is the
attribute called 'Recipients' from the business object MESSAGE but am
having no success. So I thought I would ask the Workflow BOR experts.

Anyway here's my code, which I think is OK but you never know:

BEGIN_METHOD FINDPOSTMASTER CHANGING CONTAINER.
DATA:
      recipient_list type swc_object occurs 0,
      wa_recipient type swc_object,
      recipient_value like soli-line,
      POSTMASTER LIKE SYST-DBSYS,
      OFFICEDOCUMENT TYPE SWC_OBJECT.

SWC_GET_ELEMENT CONTAINER 'OfficeDocument' OFFICEDOCUMENT.  ==> MESSAGE
object

* Set Postmaster export parameter from Recipient object
SWC_GET_TABLE_PROPERTY OFFICEDOCUMENT 'Recipients' recipient_list. ==>
fails with rc=4

loop at recipient_list into wa_recipient from 1 to 1.

  SWC_GET_PROPERTY wa_recipient 'Value' recipient_value.
  postmaster = recipient_value+0(10).

endloop.

SWC_SET_ELEMENT CONTAINER 'Postmaster' POSTMASTER.
END_METHOD.

The OFFICEDOCUMENT is the object reference to the MESSAGE object and is
returned correctly.

If anyone has any ideas why the SWC_GET_TABLE_PROPERTY returns a return
code of 4 that would be great. Ultimately I am trying to retrieve the Value
attribute from the RECIPIENT business object. I have a nasty feeling it may
be due to persistence.

Cheers
Dave Weston
416 894 9091 (cell)