SAP Notes integration

Catherine W Shelnutt cshelnut at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 4 14:26:15 EDT 2001

Only from personal experience.  We used Lotus Notes integrated with SAP for
Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order approval process.  It worked well,
especially for people who are not 'super users' of SAP.  You can put
executable buttons in the message so the users don't have to go into SAP,
they only have to keep their passwords synched every 45 days (or whatever
timeframe you have set for resetting PWs).  If you want to know more,
please give me a call next week when I am back in the office.

Regards,
Cathy

IBM Personal Computing Division
ISC Solution Delivery - Procurement Team
Internet e-mail: cshelnut at us.ibm.com
Phone: 919-254-7864     Tie Line: 444-7864

Happy is the person that finds wisdom and gains understanding.

Mailing address:
P O Box 12195
Bldg 632/J156-B-12
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709-2195

                    Craig Dennis
                    <CRAIG at tac.toyota.co       To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    .za>                       cc:
                    Sent by: SAP               Subject:     SAP Notes integration
                    Workflow
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    04/04/2001 05:16 AM
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

Does anyone know of a good source for information on how to and what
benefits can gained from integrating SAP and Lotus Notes. Items of specific
interest are:-

* using Notes as the users SAP mail box
* creating work flows which start from a Notes work flow and are then
passed to SAP
* authorizing documents using work flow but outside of SAP

Thank you in anticipation.

Craig Dennis
Toyota SA