Starting Workflows in 4.6c

Susan R. Keohan skeohan at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 27 15:45:35 EDT 2000

Hi Fellow Workflow-ers,

We are going to be upgrading from 4.5b to 4.6c.

The Start Workflow Transaction in 4.6c (SWUI) in our system is only listing
4 workflows.  Of these 4, 3 are background tasks, and one is a general
task.  There are about 12 other workflows that are active, but not
displayed in this list. According to the documentation, you can only start
tasks for which you are an agent.  As Workflow Administrator, I need to be
able to start any and all tasks.  I'd rather not change the Agent
assignment in each workflow, but will if necessary.  The documentation also
states that the 'Start Workflow (Test Environement)' transaction (SWUS)
should only be used in development environments.  I can start any workflow
I want from this transaction.

1) How do I get my other workflows listed in the transaction SWUI
2) Is it true that SWUS should only be used in a development environment

Regards,
Sue