Plan version and workflow

Marco Covino marco.covino at uk.pwcglobal.com
Tue Sep 26 12:28:06 EDT 2000

Memo from Marco Covino of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

Jeroen, Martin, Barnard,

thanks for your reply, which I could read only today.

I'll give you a bit more background.
I am implementing the Overall Release of Purchasing Requisition workflow,
20000077.
Is a standard template provided by sap.

In determining the approver I need to use the role resolution 00000168, superior
of workflow initiator,
and not the resolution determined by purchasing classification, release code and
strategy (OMGQ),
So I gave to the agent of the step 000004 (overall release of requisition) the
role resolution 00000168,
and i left all the possible agent of the tasks as general agents.
I created some units in OM and assigned to each unit an approver(manager) and a
group of requisitioner.
I have done my tests and everything works fine.

Now, my problem starts when I have to transport this in the live system.
The active plan is not suitable for the "superior of workflow initiator" role
resolution.
I thought that I could create different plan version and tailor them to the
workflow as I need,
but as you are suggesting this is not feasible.
So now I have a structure in which the units and the people do not reflect what
i would need for my Workflow.
What I need is this, in a simple example:
Hypothetically I have different groups of requisitioner, each group has got an
approver (manager),
the requisition raised go to the relevant manager.
Of course only a small portion of people in the overall OM active plan are
"requisitioner" or "approvers".

So now what would happen is that people belonging to these hypothetical
requisitioner groups
belong to different units, so that the role resolution clearly fails.

How can I achieve this, if possible without using abap...?
Apologise for my lack of knowledge but I just started to use workflow.
Thanks in advance,

Marco Covino

"Van der Burg, Jeroen JA SI-PSTP-L" <Jeroen.A.vanderBurg at IS.shell.com> on
20/09/2000 16:07:30

Please respond to SAP Workflow Users' Group <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>