WF-BATCH

Scanlon, Christopher P. (Chris) Christopher.P.Scanlon at pmusa.com
Wed Sep 13 10:50:47 EDT 2000

Hello,

We are about to go live on 4.5b (from 3.1h) and have a large volume of EDI
and ALE IDocs coming into the system. I have been noticing that our WF-BATCH
id for some of our EDI inbound documents (i.e. 945, 861) is now ending in a
Status 51 which triggers our workflow with the following message: "material
90001200012 is already locked by WF-BATCH". This happens with other
materials also.

Background: we have had in 3.1h a large volume of EDI and are now
introducing many inbound ALE interfaces to SAP. In 3.1 under IDoc
Administration under "EDI client-specific system parameters" we had the
parameter = "INBOUND" and the system parameter value = "OLD".

In 4.5 we have the event linkage for inbound active (TS 30200090) and the
global parameter for IDoc interface is asynchronous (IDoc inbound from file
- Synchronous processing is NOT checked). Although this seems to be where
the problem with WF-BATCH exists  as it is locking materials - due to many
IDocs with obviously the same materials are processing in parallel
(asynchronous).

Please respond with any suggestions and/or if you have come across this in
your own experiences and how you remedied this.

Thank you...!

Chris Scanlon
804.274.3578
Christopher.P.Scanlon at pmusa.com