Use of SAP-WUG .vs. LISTSERV - Please read and SAVE

Susan R. Keohan skeohan at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 31 14:59:28 EST 2000

Hello,

Sometimes we all get confused as to when to send mail to LISTSERV, and when
to send mail to SAP-WUG.  I hope this message will help.

Please feel free to visit the L-Soft web-site to get further info on how to
use this service.  The URL is http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8d/index.html.

Commands to add, change, or delete users from the SAP-WUG (or any other
listserv provided by MIT) should be sent to LISTSERV at MITVMA.MIT.EDU.    You
may send e-mail to LISTSERV at MITVMA.MIT.EDU to get a reference card telling
you about these commands  using the following:

get listserv refcard

Listserv will respond by sending you an e-mail of various commands.

For example, if you want to remove yourself from the SAP-WUG mailing list,
you would send mail to LISTSERV at MITVMA.MIT.EDU, and in the body of the
mail, issue the command

SIGNOFF SAP-WUG

PLEASE DO NOT SEND REQUESTS OF THIS NATURE TO SAP-WUG.

Mail sent to LISTSERV at MITVMA.MIT.EDU is not distributed to the subscribers
of the list.  Some commands may require confirmation from the 'owner' of
the list - currently yours truly.  Other commands should deliver the
requested information to your inbox.

Other mail, which you would like directed to all of the subscribers of the
SAP-WUG list, should be addressed to SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU.  These
messages will not affect your subscription status.  They will be
distributed (and read, I am sure) by all subscribers of the list.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me e-mail at
skeohan at mit.edu.

Regards,
Sue