Web workflow trigering from XML

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue Oct 24 18:36:29 EDT 2000

Hi Rakesh,
There's a couple of ways you could do this.

As you are using BBP, check first whether the RFC/IDOC routines the Business
Connector is calling
actually trigger WF events anyway.  For instance, sending an invoice via the
standard Business Connector
packages for BBP, calls an RFC which raises the invoice "saved" event as
part of it's processing.  Workflows can
then be attached to the event (standard working examples exist in BBP).

If you want to use Wf-XML itself, I assume you are on BBP 2.0B?  This
requires a 4.6C basis system (which
includes BBP 2.0B but not earlier versions).  There are some good
presentations, etc. on how this works in the
2000 SAP Tech Ed stuff on www.saplabs.com - suggest you check them out.

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Tel: +61 412 390 267