Document template workflow

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at Statoil.com
Wed Oct 18 03:35:31 EDT 2000

This does of course depend on the SAP version.
If you are on 4.6C there is a separate icon for this type of step in the
workflow builder, or perhaps it was a wizard, but you can find that out quite
easily if you use 4.6C. Here in Statoil we have one 3.1H system for IS Oil and
one 4.5B system for HR.

In the IS Oil system there is an object type called MS_WORD, and one inherited
from that one called MS_WORDDOT (MS Word document template). These ought to be
candidates for your use. They are both SAP object types. Nothing for Excel
though. In the HR system I am not able to find this document type, so perhaps it
is something from the IS Oil package.

PLEASE: always state your version when you post, so you don't get plenty of
answers for all versions except the one you use.
--
KjetilK

From:  Todd Walter <toddwalter at hotmail.com>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU> on 17.10.2000 19:39

Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

Sent by:  SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

To:    SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
Subject:  Document template workflow

Hi,

I am trying to create a workflow that presents a document template (either
Excel or Word) to a user that they can fill out and then be forwarded to
another user.  I am having trouble figuring out what object/method to use
that will do this.  I noticed in another posting that you can do a 'Create
document from template' step but have not been able to run across anything
like that.  Can anyone help me with suggestions.

Thanks,

Todd Walter