Prevent Attached Object for a 'Create' Method

Rankin, Andrew AJ Rankin.Andrew.AJ at bhp.com
Tue Oct 10 22:42:30 EDT 2000

I have a requirement to build a workflow where a user creates a request for the creation of master data (in this case a cost centre master), it is then routed for approval, then routed to someone else to perform the create transaction.

For various reasons, I intend to do this (in 46b) using a workflow start transaction, where the user enters mandatory data into the transaction screen, and then is prompted with a document template to enter any other data, comments, etc.

Anyway, the problem is that once the request is approved and reaches the agent who is prompted with the Cost Centre Create transaction (ie. using method CREATE for BUS0012), I get an object attachment in the work item to display a cost centre, but it's linking to some other cost centre. Obviously since the new cost centre doesn't exist yet, I wouldn't expect any object to be attached until after the transaction is complete.
I guess that the step is just executing the default method for the business object as an amodal method automatically?
Anyone have ideas about how I can prevent the object from appearing in the work item?

Your help is much appreciated!

>       Andrew Rankin
>       CSC Australia

EOM

NOTICE - This message contains information intended only for the use of the addressee named above.  It may also be confidential and/or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it.  If you have received this message in error please notify postmaster at bhp.com.