SAP Workflow with non-SAP systems

Stephan Becker stephan.becker at london.com
Mon Oct 9 10:38:26 EDT 2000

SAP Workflow has a set of APIs with which it can be integrated into a heterogenous workflow architecture; i.e. SAP workflows can be started/influenced from non-SAP systems, and SAP workflow can trigger non-SAP processing.
The APIs are according to specifications of the Workflow Management Coalition.
Systems like David mentions them use those APIs and may thus be initially easier to implement, but may be inflexible due to the amount of metadata available..
Look at the function groups starting with SWE.. and also download the latest documentation from SAPnet, you'll find APIs mentioned in them also.
Stephan