Terminating Event

MacPherson, Graeme (AU - Melbourne) gmacpherson at dc.com
Sun Oct 1 19:52:04 EDT 2000

Hi Brad

What version are you on? I made an incorrect assumption here.

This excerpt is from the SAP Help version 4.6:

*       Single-step tasks that refer to an asynchronous object method must
always be defined with at least one terminating event. At runtime, the
relevant work item is only terminated if one of the defined terminating
events occurs.
*       Single-step tasks that refer to a synchronous object method can also
be defined with terminating events. At runtime, the relevant work item is
generally terminated when the synchronous method has been successfully
executed. But the work item is also terminated if one of the defined
terminating events occurs.

So, to answer your question, if the terminating event is required to give an
alternate outcome to the execution of the task (to cater for a specific
scenario) then you need to model for it and ensure that the custom event is
raised. Otherwise, if the execution of the task only has one outcome then
you dont have to worry about the terminating event.

Graeme
Deloitte Consulting, Melbourne