Excluded Agents?

Martin Maguth martin.maguth at ixos.com
Tue Nov 28 11:31:31 EST 2000

jim :

the idea with the excluded agents might be a good approach. here is another
idea - we had a similar solution in an invoice approval process once.

(1) user A approves the document
(2) system stores approving user in the workflow container in variable
'user1'
(3) instead of a role, you create a standard task that finds the next
responsible approver from your org. structure or routing table, write that
user to the container in variable 'user2'
(4) set up a condition in you workflow with 'user1 = user2'; if true,
workflow is complete, if false, the workflow goes on with the second
approval

i hope this helps. it might be a little less complex than the excluded agent
solution. also, even if you have an excluded agent, the system will try to
create a WI. if all agents are excluded, this might create an error...

regards,

martin