Organisation Structures

SIMON ORCHARD ORCHARDS at gkn-whl.co.uk
Tue Nov 28 10:05:43 EST 2000

We are in the process of implementing the HR Organizational Structure for =
the company. Our higher level management have become adamant that the HR =
Structure should be the only structure in the system.

Most of our workflow steps will work fine with the new structure, some =
roles would be required to send to a selection of positions from the HR =
Organizational Chart. I suggested having a common word in the title of the =
required HR positions so that a role could select the correct positions. =
The HR Team have asked if the role could send to position numbers, please =
can anyone confirm this is possible?

I have also explained that if a role resolution fails and the task is =
classified as a general task, all users will receive the task. I have =
suggested that in some cases it would be more viable to have both an HR =
Organizational Structure and a workflow organization structure and for the =
administrator in the HR team to communicate with the workflow administrator=
 as and when required. However, they are adamant to have just the one =
structure. I have also explained that we cannot be 100% sure that a new =
workflow in the future would work with the HR organizational structure =
anyway. Does anyone have anymore ammunition for me or information/past =
experiences of any sort?

Thank you all in advance,

Simon Orchard
GKN Westland Helicopters Ltd.