Workflow upgrades from 3.1H to 4.6X

Rickayzen, Alan alan.rickayzen at sap.com
Fri Nov 17 03:45:20 EST 2000

Alon,
You are definitely correct, design comes first. Even though omitting the
object/task binding will increase performance you should not blindly try to
eliminate this binding at all costs.

However, you will often find that the task attributes are often identical in
name to the method attributes (they are generated automatically) so there is
nothing to be lost by using this implicit binding. When there are good
reasons for using parameters with different names then go ahead and define
an explicit binding.

Incidentally, the container copy was implemented in response to feedback
from users who felt that three levels of binding was unnecessary from a
pragmatic point of view.

Kind regards,
Alan

PS: Thanks Elizabeth for mentioning this note. It was not referenced in the
generic upgrade note (152871) but this has now been corrected. If you notice
omissions in this note please contact me directly (alan.rickayzen at sap.com).