ASUG 2001 Conference

Susan R. Keohan skeohan at MIT.EDU
Thu Nov 16 15:30:49 EST 2000

Greetings Workflowers,

We are now planning for our Spring 2001 Conference, which will be held May
20 - 23 in Miami.  This is an excellent opportunity to learn and to network
with SAP Workflow gurus.  Some of the sessions we are hoping to present are
listed below.

Here's the catch... We don't have speakers lined up for all sessions.  If
you would like to be a presenter, and one of these topics is a strong area
for you,  please respond to skeohan at mit.edu.  There are many advantages to
being a presenter at an ASUG Spring Conference; industry recognition, peer
recognition, and let's not forget, complimentary conference registration !
You do not need to be an ASUG member in order to present at ASUG.

You may also enter a session abstract at the ASUG 'Call for Speakers' web
site (http://www.asug.com/asug2001/Sessions/call_speakers.cfm).  Not all
presentations that are entered can be accepted for this conference or the
workflow track, but may be accepted by other tracks if they are relevant
(ie: a presentation on an MM workflow may be of interest to the Procurement
group as well).

Regards,
Sue

Connectivity to E-Mail Systems
This should include all types of e-mail  Lotus, Outlook and SAP Office.
May want to have a very technical session with set up specifications.

 Workflow Information System (WIS)

 Upgrades
This should be a panel of  3 people who have actually upgraded and lived to
tell about it.  Each presenter should give a 15-20 minute talk about what
they upgraded from and to, how they managed the upgrade, if there were any
pitfalls.

 ROI
This would be a panel of 2 giving presentations showing a business process
before workflow, how they developed and implemented the workflow, and what
metrics they used to measure the success of the implementation.

Tips and Tricks
We always need more tips and tricks.

 ITS
What needs to be configured in Workflow to support ITS (or is it
vice-versa, what needs to be configured in ITS to support workflow ?)

 Beginners Workflow
A real live presentation about how to build and implement a workflow.

 Error administration
Along the lines of the infamous 'A Day in the Life of a Workflow
Administrator' (blush)  This session would also show debugging and
monitoing techniques.

Distributed Workflow
Using a distributed inbox.

Susan R. Keohan