Sending a workflow message to an internet address

LANGE, BODO bodo.lange at sap.com
Fri Nov 10 11:25:37 EST 2000

Sorry that I did not follow up on the thread but look if your WF-Batch user
has a sender, you
do have to go into his office settings. either via SU01 or directly..?
Once you have done this, write a simple message to a receiver using his
I-mail. Once sent go and
look into SCOT to check whether your mail has arrived at the gateway. If it
is in waiting under
the Internet node you are half way.
You are using the communication type I for internet mail, you send all your
mails to SAPConnect
where you will see them sitting in SCOT if the node has been defined you now
can manually trigger the
job and see if they run into an error or if they actually go out.
If the node in SCOT has not been defined you should set up the internet mail
gateway using maybe BLAT
(that is what I use) an SMTP comand line mailer. You need to install on the
message server the platform
dependant mail.exe (shipped with SAP CD) which you will call via the RFC
destination, that you have to set up.
Once the RFC destination exists with you have to configure the mailgw.ini,
using BLAT via comandline.
This is kind of tricky because the BLAT allows you to rename the Mailgw.ini,
and I recommend not to do it
(I lost 2 days on figuring out way my mails did not go out). Still you need
access to an SMTP server via TCP/IP
therefore you should probably ask one of you corporate watchdogs,...(try to
look up an IP in your mail-client
and Telnet him on port 25 to see if he accepts basic SMTP comands!)

In order to do this correctly you do have to read the documentation on the
Internet MailGateway

I guess this is very technical, please review it with a basis consultant

Good luck
Bodo