Workflow expression

Jian Liu liujian88 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 8 09:43:56 EST 2000

Hello,

I have a problem with workflow expression. According to the online
documentation, we can use expression &<ElementName>.<Table>-<Field>& to
indirectly derive a field value of the structure that is referenced in the
container element. However, when I tried it, it didn't work.

I tried to use this format at a few places:
1) container operation (a step in workflow definition)
   e.g. ApprovalAmount = &MoneyMarket.BAPI2042_MAINTAIN_MM.AMOUNT&
2) workflow container to task container binding
   e.g. ApprovalAmount <== &MoneyMarket.BAPI2042_MAINTAIN_MM.AMOUNT&
3) work item text
   e.g. Set amount to &MoneyMarket.BAPI2042_MAINTAIN_MM.AMOUNT&

None worked.

But I was able to do binding on the entire structure.
   e.g. MoneyMarket <== &MoneyMarket& (container binding)

Can anybody advice how to use format &<ElementName>.<Table>-<Field>&? What
are the restrictions? Thank you very much.

Rgds, Jian