Workflow Documentation Template (Thanks Gretchen and Dan!)

Susan R. Keohan skeohan at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 1 14:20:46 EST 2000

Hey group,

Dan Harmon, Workflow Group leader of SPS Information Technology, sent me a
copy of the much-sought-after Workflow Documentation Template, which was
presented by Gretchen Roberts of N2 Consulting at the Spring 2000 ASUG.  I
attempted to send this document off to you all as  Word document, but
apparently the Listserv does not want to handle such a large file.  So, I
have cut and pasted the entire template into this mail message.  Apologies
to all for the loss of formatting, but I think you will find this helpful
anyway.

Hopefully, all interested parties will be able to receive this attachment.
If not, send email to skeohan at mit.edu, and I will figure out how to get it
to you.

Many thanks to Gretchen and Dan.

Sue

PS: ASUG is has restored Gretchen's full Powerpoint presentation to the web
site.  To get there, go to http://www.asug.com, and enter your ID and
password,
then find the links to the conference info, and try a 'search by track' to
obtain the presentation.  Good luck!

> [...]
>6.5.2. Check Function Module: Z_CHECKFUNCT_GEN_EVENT_BUS2032   7
>6.6.   Event Linkage   7
>7.     Terminating Events      7
>7.1.   BUS2012-ZPOCreated      8
>7.1.1. Event Publishing Method - Change Document Object EINKBELEG      8
>7.1.2. Check Function Module: Z_CHECKFUNCT_GEN_EVENT_BUS2012   8
>7.2.   BUS2012-ZNoLongerHOT    8
>7.2.1. Event Publishing Method - Change Document Object EINKBELEG      8
>7.2.2. Check Function Module: Z_CHECKFUNCT_GEN_EVENT_BUS2012   8
>8.     Workflow Definition WS90000001  9
>8.1.   Workflow Flowchart      9
>8.2.   Task T 50001201 - Obtain Purchase Req Data from SalesOrder      10
>8.2.1. Task Information        10
>8.2.2. Workflow =B4Task Binding        10
>8.2.3. Task =B4 Object Method Binding  10
>8.3.   Task T 50001203 - Send Purchase Req to Buyer    10
>8.3.1. Task Information        10
>8.3.2. Email sent for Task T 50001203  11
>8.3.3. Workflow =B4Task Binding        11
>8.3.4. Task =B4 Object Method Binding  11
>8.4.   Task T 50001205 - Send Purchase Req to ALL Buyers       11
>8.4.1. Task Information        11
>8.4.2. Email sent for Task T 50001205  11
>8.4.3. Workflow =B4Task Binding        12
>8.4.4. Task =B4 Object Method Binding  12
>8.5.   Task T 50001175 - Notify Sales Rep that PO Not Created  12
>8.5.1. Task Information        12
>8.5.2. Email sent for Task T 50001175  13
>8.5.3. Workflow =B4Task Binding        13
>8.5.4. Task =B4 Object Method Binding  13
>9.     Agents for this workflow        13
>9.1.   Sales Order Creator - The user that creates a Hot Sales Order   13
>9.1.1. Role Resolution: 90000001       13
>9.1.2. Role Container  13
>9.1.3. Function Module for Role Resolution     14
>9.2.   Purchasing Agent responsible for Dropship material.  Determined by
>reading custom table ZT024.    14
>9.2.2. Role Container  14
>9.2.3. Function Module for Role Resolution     14
>10.    Testing Script for Workflow WS90000001 -Notify Sales Rep when HOT
>Dropship PO Not Created        15
>
> 1. Workflow Overview
>1.1. Business Reason
>It is necessary for an automated process to notify buyers of hot sales
>orders that require drop ship items to be purchased.  This process will
>obviously improve customer relations because it will increase turnaround
>time for hot orders.
>1.2. Workflow Triggering Process
>This workflow is based at the sales order line item level, meaning that a
>sales order with 3 line items on it may trigger as many as 3 workflows.
>
>This workflow will trigger when the following events take place:
>a) The creation of a HOT sales order item with an item category of TAS or
>ZTAS.
>b) Hot Sales order that has items with an item category of TAS or ZTAS is
>released from credit hold.
>c) A sales order with an item category of TAS or ZTAS has been changed to H=
OT.