Condition: Object Exists

Landry, Marcel MLandry at nbpower.com
Mon May 22 13:00:32 EDT 2000

Hi Mark, I'm also on 4.0B and have come accross the same 'inconsistency'.  I
also could not make sense of this behavior.  In my scenario, I had to verify
if a move-out document was produced earlier in the WF (as part of the
move-in), and based on the results, take one of two paths. My plan B was to
use a conditional branch to verify if the MoveOut container was still
'initial' with a simple comparison in the conditional branch such as:
MoveOut <> "   ".  In the case where this was true, that meant that a
moveout document was in the container, otherwise, the container was still
empty.

This has worked great so far.  Just ensure that your BP/Premise containers
are in fact blank at the beginning of your WF and that you have not left any
other binding in place that may inadvertantly populate these containers
(other than from the proper source within you WF).

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Marcel Lanrdy
New Brunswick Power
Fredericton, N.B.