WG: Start a Workflow via Internet e-mail

Monaco Alessandro Alessandro.Monaco at Nylstar.com
Mon May 22 03:39:22 EDT 2000

Alan,

I see that it is a very interesting method.
Anyway I was thinking about the outlook forms and the VBScript and I =
was
wondering about the possibilities to use the same kind of scripts
running on the mail server (Exchange server, as Agent scheduled script)
using perhaps the same form object "SapformsFOft.SAPform".

This would be usefull for example to merge to different workflows
running on different systems, integrating users that are normally not
SAP users, improving in this way the possibilities to use SAP workflow.

Does anyone has experience on stuff like that?
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Regards,
Alessandro

> -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
> Von:  Rickayzen, Alan [SMTP:alan.rickayzen at sap.com]
> Gesendet am:  Freitag, 19. Mai 2000 14:51
> An:   SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
> Betreff:      Re: Start a Workflow via Internet e-mail
>=20
> Dave,
> It's too late for a development request, this functionality has been
> available since release 3.1. But it has not been widely publicized.
>=20
> Transaction SO28 allows you to configure what happens when external
> mails
> (and only external) arrive in R/3. These mails can be fax, =
e-mail.....
>=20
> You specify the recipient (e.g. autoanswer at sap.com) and a business
> object to
> be called.
> The business object must support the interface IFRECEIVE and the
> method
> called is RECEIVE. An example that is used by SAPforms is the =
business
> object WI_MAILREC .
>=20
> You can create your own object which triggers an event or starts a
> workflow
> directly (which I would recommend).
>=20
> The path to get to SO28 is Tools->Business communication, office ->
> addresses -> inbound communication. The WI_MAILREC entry in so28 is
> delivered to the customers so they can use this as an example. It
> allows
> incoming mails with R3F attachments to be analysed and the data sent
> to the
> corresponding workflow so that forms can be submitted by smtp mail.
>=20
> So now its over to you, Gert, to get your solution implemented.
>=20
> Cheers,
> Alan Rickayzen
> Workflow Product Management