short dump/bug while creating workitem

Katerina Lalioti katerina at MIT.EDU
Fri May 19 10:34:24 EDT 2000

We are in Version: 4.5b

I am getting in workflow SPORADIC short dumps MESSAGE_TYPE_UNKNOWN
(Message type 1 is unknown)

Function: SWW_BI_START  in line 205 calls
Function: sww_bi_execute_s_new without catching the exceptions.
this in return call SWW_RETURN_CHECK_BEFORE_CALL (LSWWPU43 line: 868)
at line 891 it tries to run:
       message id     main_return-workarea
                   type   main_return-errortype
BUT errortype has a different domain with values 0,1,2 and NOT W,I,E like
message type should.
THIS CAUSES THE DUMP.
I tried to find an OSS note but cannot find anything.

Something is causing the workitem not to be created correctly ( I believe
it is a database update issue)
BUT the short-dump is definitely a bug.

Does anyone know of a work around.

Thank you