[Re: keeping workitems in the inbox of an entire org.unit]

Linda van Olst linda.vanolst at usa.net
Tue May 16 18:41:03 EDT 2000

When you execute a workitem from the inbox you have reserved the workitem=
 and
it is no longer available to other agents.  If you select cancel while
processing the workitem that could be because you want to come back to it=

later when you have more information and you may want it to remain in you=
inbox.  =

If you have reserved the workitem in error, you release the work item fro=
m its
reserved status and make it available again to all of the original agents=
 by
using the "replace" functionality in either the inbox or the workitem dis=
play
screen.  It is found in menu path: Work item > Replace.  The workitem mus=
t be
in status "reserved" or "in process" to do this.

Markus Brahm <mbrahm at cscploenzke.de> wrote:
> Hi Torsten,
> =

> I see three opportunities at the moment:
> =

> - Train the users to lay bay the workitem once "touched"
> - divide the workitem into a workitem for each user within this orgunit=

(e.g. by
> table controlled parallelprocessing)
> - have a job running that changes status of specific workitems (somethi=
ng
like
> function wi_status_change could help), but this should be the final res=
ort
> =

> Markus
> =

> =

> =

> =

> =

> "Torsten Schnorpfeil (USA)" <Torsten.Schnorpfeil at ixos.com> on 16.05.200=
0
> 22:07:10
> =

> Please respond to SAP Workflow Users' Group <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
> =

> To:   SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
> cc:    (bcc: Markus Brahm/PLZ/CSC)
> =

> Subject:  keeping workitems in the inbox of an entire org.unit
> =

> =

> =

> Hi *,
> =

> I recently realized a feature within R/3 workflow, where I'm not satisf=
ied
> with and I'm looking for an alternative solution: If you assign a
> organizational unit as the responsible user in the workflow defintion f=
or
an
> activity, every user of the org.unit has the workitem in his/her inbox.=
 But
> after executing the workitem and maybe cancel it, the workitem is only =
in
> the inbox of the person, who executed the workitem at the first time an=
NOT
> in the inbox of the whole org.unit anymore. This makes sense in some ca=
ses,
> but in other cases it might be necessary to have the workitems in the i=
nbox
> of the entire org.unit again. So, does anybody know how to do this? Bec=
ause
> I think that this is something which is controled by the workflow-engin=
e,
so