keeping workitems in the inbox of an entire org.unit

Young, Serena Serena.Young at COMPAQ.com
Tue May 16 17:13:58 EDT 2000

The user should be able to highlight and/or execute the work item and use
the menu option Work Item --> Replace to put the work item back into the
inbox of the entire organization.

Thank You,
Serena Young
Phone (281)518-1772
Serena.Young at Compaq.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Torsten Schnorpfeil (USA) [mailto:Torsten.Schnorpfeil at ixos.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2000 4:07 PM
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: keeping workitems in the inbox of an entire org.unit

Hi *,

I recently realized a feature within R/3 workflow, where I'm not satisfied
with and I'm looking for an alternative solution: If you assign a
organizational unit as the responsible user in the workflow defintion for an
activity, every user of the org.unit has the workitem in his/her inbox. But
after executing the workitem and maybe cancel it, the workitem is only in
the inbox of the person, who executed the workitem at the first time and NOT
in the inbox of the whole org.unit anymore. This makes sense in some cases,
but in other cases it might be necessary to have the workitems in the inbox
of the entire org.unit again. So, does anybody know how to do this? Because
I think that this is something which is controled by the workflow-engine, so
you don't have any influence on this. Am I right?

Thanks a lot...

Regards,
Torsten