FW: FIPP WFReleaseReset doesn't yield expected results

Young, Serena Serena.Young at COMPAQ.com
Thu Jun 22 15:54:08 EDT 2000

There is a manual release transaction SWUE if you give it the Object (FIPP),
Event (CREATED) and the Object key of the document you are trying to
release.  This works for us, although we have a custom object ZFIPP
inherited from FIPP and we're on 3.1I.

Thank You,
Serena Young
Phone (281)518-1772
Serena.Young at Compaq.com

-----Original Message-----
From: AHans [mailto:shans at sprint.ca]
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2000 1:43 PM
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: FW: FIPP WFReleaseReset doesn't yield expected results

Here are some of the suggestions to deal with it:

Problem Definition:

1- If you are using WF for the parked document, document needs to be
released before you can post, however there is no manual release push button
availble outside WF to do it.

2- If the document is processed with workflow and is posted, you are fine,
but if there is posting error  and user needs to make a change to the
document  before  posting  it, the release is reset due to the change and
manual release is not possible, probably a new trigger too.

 Issues are:

 -How to release it manually
 -How to stop the duplicate workflow from started as FIPP.created is
triggered again.

This is what I would suggest :

1- Use the change function module to stop the duplicate WF
2- Provide a manaual release on a custom  transaction to release the
document .

In  my flows I  provide all fucntionality in the transaction to handle erred
invoice e.g. change( with PO or without as there is a difference), post ,
Release,  so if it is changed, it can be release right there, in your case
you do need the manual release, where ask your process team where would they
prefer it. Since you have WF , I would not do  any procesing outside the
flow.

Now how to Release it Manually:  FIPP.RelaseReset may not be working for you
as it is a conditional release, you need unconditional Release as posting
will  catch any problems with the document.

Future Issue with this Flow:

Watchout for your closed posting periods(months and years both)

Good luck.

Alan Hans