Reading values in an object table

Mark Huffman m.r.huffman at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jul 24 16:30:32 EDT 2000

I am wondering what the effort involved is to grab a value from an
object table when the field is not defined as an Attribute.

There are lots of business objects defined with only a handful of
attributes, but the underlying table might have dozens of fields. Are
these fields generally available within the object program because of
the read that occurs near the beginning of the program or is the only
way to read them to define new attributes and then read the values with
a swc_get_property statement?

Specifically I am interested in reading additional values from BSEG.

Any comments? Don't tell me to write a new select statement because I am
trying to use the macros and tools within object programming.

Mark