Refiring of the event FIPP.CREATED after changing a parked d ocument with the WFReleaseFlag cleared

Thomas Schroff thomas.schroff at ixos.de
Wed Jul 5 06:04:33 EDT 2000

Hello Stephan,

the event FIPP.CHANGED is fired whenever a relevant change is made to a
parked document (with the 'release necessary flag' set) that is completed.
This event is also fired when a parked document is processed outside the
workflow (TAC: FBV2). Since our customers were not interested in a complete
rerun of the workflow process each time the completed (parked) document is
changed outside the workflow, this was not the appropriate architecture for
a 'reanimation' functionality in our projects.
I am aware of the fact that in the architecture of the SAP FIPP framework
workflow (WS 10000051) there is a parallel branch waiting for the event
FIPP.CHANGED to be received. The triggering of the event FIPP.CHANGED
results in a kind of step back within this workflow, but: the business
process here is designed in a way that it definitely makes sense to use
FIPP.CHANGED for this workflow.

Kindest regards

Thomas