Error in user decision under 4.5 ?

Anke Hofstede ahofstede at dc.com
Tue Feb 22 00:07:23 EST 2000

Subject: Error in user decision under 4.5 ?
Author:  "Martin Maguth (USA)" <martin.maguth at ixos.com> at INTERNET-APA
Date:    17/02/2000 9:34

hello everyone:

has anyone of you ever encountered the following:

a user decision is implemented in a multistep workflow. initially, the
system suggests ts8267 (generic decision task). since we need several
decision tasks in the workflow and all these tasks have different woorkitem
texts and descriptions, we copy ts8267, as forseen by the workflow
development anyways (copy button next to task entry).

now here is the problem:

when we run the workflow, the user decision pops up (in our case an extended
decision with more than 2 alternative), but none of the decision button
shows up. only the cancel button is available...

my research:

all user assignment is correct, task is general, bindings from workflow to
workitem are fine. the only difference i found was that my new task had
binding from task container to the method parameter container (entries made
by system) while no bindings are found in ts8267...

can anyone help ?

thanks,

martin