Parameter values not consistent in work item text

Warwick Hill Warwick.Hill at WaterCorporation.com.au
Wed Feb 2 02:53:19 EST 2000

In the transaction SWLD is an opition  "Start Workflow".  I've been using
this to check that a workflow has been installed correctly in TEST and PROD,
as it allows me to generate the Work items without changing the basic data
which would normally trigger the workflow.

While I'm in the "Start Workflow" function I can check the results of
starting the Workflow via the "Workflow Information" option. This displays
the Workflow template and its workflow tasks. So far so good.

Now when I check that parameter values (eg. project codes or WBS element
codes) are being displayed correctly in the Work Item text and the Long Text
they all appear OK. However when I actually logon as the user who would
receive the Work item and check it via their WF Inbox, in the Work Item text
section it displays the value correctly but in the Work Item Description
Window I'm getting the message "not found" being displayed in the text and
no project or WBS values.

The objects which I'm using in this case are BUS2001 and BUS2054 in a 31H
system.

Has anyone come across a similar problem and, have a solution ?

thanks

Warwick Hill
Senior SAP Consultant
GECITS