Questions on substitution and autoforwarding

Dr. Ulrich Mende wug at mende-edv-beratung.de
Wed Dec 20 03:56:50 EST 2000

Hi all who are plagued by the problems of substitution-

in all my projects (workflow)-substitutions turned out to be difficult to
handle, for the developers as well as for the customers.
That4s why here is just the n-th comment on that topic (Rel 4.5)

>From an Integrated Inbox, containing messages  a n d  workitems as well,
you can
set up two kinds of auto-forwarding:

1. Office-Auto-Forwarding (class SO, folder symbol)
If you select a message, the title of the window changes from Inbox to
"Office Inbox",
in accordance with that the menus change too. Using "Extras-->Automatic
forwarding" you
can set up auto-forwarding for messages. This does not effect workitems.
The FM SO_AUTOMATIC_FORWARD_GET finds only these office-forwardings.

2. Workflow-Auto-Forwarding (class WF, rotation symbol)
If you select a workitem in your Integrated Inbox, the title of the window
changes to
"Workflow Inbox", the menus are changed too. There is no more command
"Extras-->Automatic forwarding",
but you will find two commands "Extras-->Maintain substitute" and
"Extras-->Activate substitute".
The second command is equivalent to workflow-auto-forwarding. This, for its
part, does not effect messages.
The maintained and activated workflow substitutions you will find in table
HRUS_D2, as already remarked.
I could not find any FM corresponding to the above (WF_AUTOMATIC_FORWARD_GET
or similar).
So I use the small report that I sent you out some days ago.

At the end I myself would like to ask the following questions on that topic:

It often happens, that a user finds a forwarded workitem in his inbox.
Trying to open it, he gets to know, that he is not authorized to do so.
Unfortunately the workitem is in state STARTED after that, so that nobody
else can see it. So we have a deadlock. It is difficult, to tell the users
that they have to put the workitem back into the pool. The consequence is a
hight amount of work for the administrators, who have to maintain temporary
autorizations.
The question is:  Can workflow-auto-forwarding be combined with forwarding
the necessary R/3-Authorities?
Or is there any userexit in auto-forwarding to check, whether the substitute
is authorized to process the workitem?

Best regards Ulrich