Cancel subflow leave main workflow open....

Raskin Alon x8008 ARaskin at Citipower.com.au
Tue Dec 5 18:03:22 EST 2000

I am not sure if this would work (you would have to try it). Why don't you
pass in the top level workitem from flow A into flow B?

Then you have a reference to flow A inside of flow B. If flow B ever
cancels, you can then cancel flow A (by calling method
WORKITEM.STATUS_CHANGE passing in 'CANCELLED' as the new status). Hint : Do
not call WORKITEM.DELETE as this will actually remove all the table entries
relating to that work item.

Let me know if this works.

Regards,
Alon Raskin
+61 3 411 691 396

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   Michael Pokraka [mailto:MPokraka at samsungsemi.co.uk]
                Sent:   Wednesday, 6 December 2000 12:32 AM
                To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                Subject:        Cancel subflow leave main workflow open....

                Hi,
                OK, 'scuse me asking more questions than posting useful
stuff -
                nevertheless, good bunch of folks on this list (& thanks to
all who have
                responded so far).

                I have another question: If I have a subworkflow, which gets
cancelled via
                flow control (04 - cancel workflow), the calling w/flow is
still active
                whereas the subflow has the status 'Logically deleted'.
                Adding something to the event  'Processing obsolete' in the
calling W/F has
                no effect either, nor can I find any way to add events or
terminating events
                etc....
                Is there another 'standard' way for handling this?

                In more detail:
                Flow A calls flow B which executes in a loop. User can opt
out at one point
                by cancelling the w/flow. This sets flow B to 'log.
deleted', and flow A to
                'in process' with no further steps.... ideally I'd want to
set flow A to
                'logically deleted' as well as it would be useful to
distinguish between
                them on a workflow statistic level.
                Adding a cancellation flag into the loop condition is a bit
messy for my
                liking as it's a relatively long subflow - I'd would have to
add conditions
                all over the show.

                TIA,
                Michael Pokraka
                SAP EDI Analyst
                Samsung Semiconductor Europe Ltd
                Tel: +44 (0)20 8380-7050
                Fax: +44 (0)20 8380-7218
                This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

                The information contained in this email may be privileged,
confidential
                and protected from disclosure. The opinions expressed are
those of the
                individual and not Samsung Semiconductor Europe Ltd or
Samsung
                Electromechanics Ltd. Internet communications are not secure
and
                therefore Samsung Semiconductor Europe Ltd and Samsung
                Electromechanics Ltd do not accept legal responsibility for
the contents
                of this message. If you think you have received this email
in error please
                notify the sender or mail "admin at samsungsemi.co.uk"  and
delete any
                copies of the mail.

the system manager.

This email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.

CitiPower Pty ACN 064 651 056