Release strategy not getting applied in standard SAP PR workflow in 4.6C

Sheth, Neeraja Neeraja.Sheth at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Aug 31 12:01:18 EDT 2000

We are in the process of upgrading to 4.6C. One of the users has raised a
critical issue in the 4.6 sandbox : Release strategies are not getting
applied to purchase requisition line items.

Example:
A purchase req with 11 line items with exactly the same characteristic
values was assigned a release strategy to lines 10, 60-110 whereas lines 20,
30, 40 and 50 were not assigned any strategy. If I try to get release
strategy information, I get the pop-up saying 'Item xx not covered by a
release strategy'.

Our release strategies depend upon document type/purchasing group/MRP
controller/material group/value - the same strategy is applicable to all 11
lines.

If I change the purchase req so that a release strategy has to be reapplied,
the correct release strategy gets applied to lines 20 - 50.

The problem is not consistent - If I copy the purchase req, the new purchase
req has all 11 line items with the release strategy applied.

I have looked up OSS notes but could not find one that applies to this
situation.

Has anyone come across this? Any idea on what I should be checking would
help me a lot.

Regards

Neeraja Sheth
Fujitsu Network Communications