sub WF & Bindings in 4.6

Lisa Kapusta lisa.kapusta at bms.com
Tue Apr 4 16:03:40 EDT 2000

We are upgrading from 3.1H to 4.6B.
We have encountered a problem with one of our existing 3.1H WF's
erring out at the same step in 4.6B.  We seemed to have exhausted
every possible cause and believe there may be a binding issue? -
unless there is a problem in calling sub WF's within a sub WF in
4.6B?

We have a Parent WF(1) that calls a sub WF(2) that calls another
sub WF(3).  The problem seems to be in the binding from the sub
WF(2) to sub WF (3).  When we display the elements for the
binding between the sub to the subSub (ie: WF container to Task
container and Task container to WF container) the elements are
there.  However if we try to generate the binding the system
deletes certain elements and thus are not generated.  Yet after
we regenerate and redisplayed the bindings we would expect to see
those elements missing from the binding, however, they are
visible even though they were not included (by SAP) in the
generation.

Has anyone encountered this problem.  And if we generate or dont
generate the binding - are the elements the system removes
available in either scenario?  Also, could there be another
reason/cause we may be overlooking?

Thanks
Lisa Kapusta
BMS Workflow Team