[panda-users] Issues With Panda-RE

Gregory Basior gbasior at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 22:28:15 EST 2019

Hello,

I am interested in getting started with PANDA to see what it's capable of.
I have been having a lot of issues getting started.  I have it built on an
Ubuntu 18.04 VM, and I have a qcow2 image of Ubuntu 16.04 that is up and
running as well.

I am running the qcow image using the executables from the build folder as
follows:

panda/build/x86_64-softmmu/panda-system-x86_64 -m 2G -hda PATH_TO_DISK
-monitor stdio

The QEMU emulator starts without issue and I am able to type commands.
But, the begin_record command is not found within the system.

I am currently very frustrated as building the system and getting a running
qcow2 image were very time consuming, and now I have no idea what the next
step to take is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Greg